Capco’s Military Pride
Capco takes great pride in its work for the U.S. Department of Defense, and as a company, we have been involved in supporting our men and women in uniform with the very best equipment and technology for nearly 60 years. As is readily apparent when touring our Colorado facilities, the full complement of Capco’s internal capability is on display with our defense work: design, engineering, manufacturing and R&D, for various energetics, mechanical and electronics products that are in use around the world, every day, in all branches of the military.
A Partnership that is Personal
For decades, Capco has been unique in our level of partnership and transparency with the DoD. Our employees — many of whom are veterans, or family of veterans — constantly have the soldier, sailor, airman, or marine top of mind, every day, and it shows in the way we have designed every aspect of the product (down to the packaging) to help them achieve their missions. Capco invests significant engineering and design work in going beyond the minimum requirements of design specifications and technical data to make products better, lighter, more durable, and more easily manufacturable. We do this because we know it matters.
Our Defense Products
- In addition to other systems, Capco developed and manufactured the M192 Light Weight Machine Gun Mount (winner of the 2005 US Army Soldier’s Choice Award) and the M205 Lightweight .50 caliber machine gun mount as a prime contractor to the U.S. Department of Defense.
- Capco has extensive design and fabrication capabilities and is currently the U.S. military’s sole source for the M320 40mm grenade launcher.
- Capco is an industry leader in the development and manufacturing of Cartridge Actuated Devices (CAD). Producing over 300,000 cartridges per month, Capco CADs can be found in the countermeasure systems of virtual every aircraft (jets, props, helicopters) that the U.S. military flies — even the newest and most advanced fighters.
- When the Navy needed CADs that were certain to be safe in the “high electrical energy” environment of an aircraft carrier, Capco developed HERO safe cartridges (Hazards of Electromagnetic Radiation to Ordnance) for the Navy, with great success.
- Capco is one of the few facilities approved by the DoD for CAD LAT testing, and we have our own live-fire facility for testing of weapons, munitions, and mounts.
Research & Development
We aren’t just providing products, quality, and service for products currently in the market, we are actively working with the DoD to develop the products our service men and women will need in the future. Our 3D printing capability is currently aiding in the development of next generation aircraft countermeasures.