Capco has produced over twenty five million Cartridge Actuated Devices (CAD) and Propellant Actuated Devices (PAD) for Department of Defense and law enforcement applications. Capco has expertise producing explosive devices both in high and low volume quantities. In addition to explosives manufacturing expertise, Capco is recognized as an industry leader for designing, improving cartridge actuated devices, and performance testing to customer requirements. Capco’s explosive loading rooms are compliant with DoD 4245.26 Safety Manual for Ammunition and Explosives. Our explosive material experts have extensive experience designing explosive devices that are resistant to electrostatic discharge and Hazard of Electro-Magnetic Radiation to Ordnance (HERO). Capco is recognized and approved by the US Navy and Air Force to preform ballistic performance testing on several CAD/PAD devices.
Capco has been an industry leader in the design, and production of highly reliable energetic components for the DoD and law enforcement communities for over 30 years. Capco is known for a relentless approach to deliver the Warfighter, and police officer with the most reliable product when it matters the most. Nothing is more rewarding than to hear a pilot who has toured our facility say that although there are so many critical processes and people required to manufacture the cartridges they rely on to defeat enemy threats, they never have to worry about their Capco products working right in a moment of life and death.
Capco has been instrumental in helping the DoD streamline test fixtures/specifications so that both the Customer and manufacturers are producing product to the same requirements. We have also brought the manufacturers of the entire system together so that all product works together in a symbiotic manner.
Capco has received the Small Business of the Year Award for our work on Navy programs.
- Over 25 million devices produced for US Navy, Air Force, Law Enforcement, and FMS
- CCU-136A/A ∙ CCU-145/A ∙ BBU-36A/B ∙ BBU-48A/B ∙ CCU-107/B ∙ MK107 ∙ MK17 ∙ M796 ∙ Taser
- Glass to metal sealing
- Bridgewire welding and robotic soldering
- Ignition, booster and propellant blending loading and pressing
- Laser welding and crimping
- Interior and exterior ballistics testing
- Helium leak testing
- US Navy and Air Force-approved LAT testing
- Hazard Class 1.1, 1.3, 1.4 storage, processing, shipping and receiving
- DoD 4145 compliant
- Formulation and characterization
- High throughput (>1 kg) mixing, shear blending and sonicating
- 3D printing of propellants and explosives
- Obscurant formulation, blending and characterization
- Safety testing
- Environmental testing
12+ Physicists, Chemists, Mechanical Engineers and Process Engineers